If you are new to online casino games, chances are you know very little about how they work. This guide reveals the nitty gritty details that newbie casino payers should be aware of before taking their first spin.
What Are Casino Bonuses?
Simply said, casino bonuses are an extra opportunity to gain more money, offered by the establishment as a welcome bonus or due to performing a certain action, like referring a friend. The best thing about this promotional value is that even if you fail to make a win, your initial deposit remains intact.
Types of Casino Bonuses
In general, all casino bonuses share some common features; however, they are designed to cater to the needs of different types of players.
Below are the most popular bonuses casino players should be aware of.
Players receive deposit bonuses upon making a transaction. The deal is simple; the casinos match a player’s deposit on a given percentage. For example, if the casino of your choice offers a 100% match up to $500, this means that if you deposit $500, you will receive that amount in free cash so that you can play with $1,000.
The no-deposit bonus does not require a transaction, meaning you can freely claim it without wagering anything. However, these promos are usually tied with high wagering requirements or low maximum limits. What’s more, they often only apply to a specific game.
Free spins are aimed at sloth lovers, and are usually awarded in batches of 20, 40, 50, or more. Different casinos have different strategies, but typically you can find them as part of a welcome bonus or deposit bonus package. Some casinos also feature free spins as part of their weekly or monthly bonus awards.
The welcome bonus is received upon the initial signup, meaning that these are bonuses reserved only for new players. Welcome bonuses can come as deposit or no-deposit bonuses and can have various incentives like free spins or match-up offers.
The reload bonus amount is usually tied to the casino’s loyalty program as they intend to motivate players. But, it can also be given to all players who make additional deposits to their accounts, regardless of their participation in the casino’s VIP program.
It works similarly to the deposit bonus, with players’ deposits being matched at a certain percentage.
Cashback bonuses are a way in which the casino compensates for your loss. Not all casinos offer this advantage; however, those that do, work with fixed percentages. These cashback deals are usually set at 10%, meaning a casino will provide you with a $10 cashback for each $100 loss.
High Roller Bonuses
The high roller bonus is designed with big spenders and VIP members in mind. Terms and conditions vary from casino to casino; however, you can expect the minimum deposit for this bonus to be at least $500. One of the biggest perks of this bonus is that there is no maximum winning limit.
Casinos also offer awards on referrals which usually come with a fixed bonus amount. Depending on your casino of choice, you can expect them to provide you with an afore-set bonus for a friend’s registration or calculate your bonus based on your friend’s initial deposit.
Live Casino Bonuses
Live casino bonuses are promotions tailored for one part of the casino – the live dealer games. These are usually set as a separate part from the casino bonuses. As the name suggests, they are aimed at players who prefer live dealer games such as live blackjacks, live baccarat, and live roulette.
Casino Bonuses Terms and Conditions
For a player to be able to choose a bonus that suits their needs, they first need to be familiar with the general terms and conditions, as well as those for the bonus. Though they vary based on the casino establishment you choose, here are some general terms you may come across:
- Maximum and Minimum Bet Size – Casinos apply limits in terms of bet size when players use a bonus.
- Maximum Win – Usually, casinos limit players to a given amount they can win when playing with bonus funds. If a player wins more than the set amount, the exceeded winnings are cut off.
- Wagering Requirements – These specify how much you need to wager to make the bonus money available for withdrawal. For example, if the casino offers a $50 with 20x wagering requirements, players need to wager $1,000 if they wish to take out money from their account.
- Restricted Countries and Games –Some bonuses are location-restricted, and players from certain countries are not able to enjoy given casino promotions. The same goes for games – some bonuses can be used only on certain games.
How Do You Claim a Bonus?
Casinos offer bonuses to their new and existing players, so it’s important to know how to claim your bonus.
Here are some basic guidelines for claiming bonuses:
- Research a few online casino sites to see the bonuses available.
- Go to the casino’s home or promotion page and find one you like.
- Check out if the term and conditions of the bonus are fair.
- Check if a bonus code is available and when you should use it – some sites require you to use it upon registration, while others allow contacting the customer support agent.
- Once satisfied with your option, click the “Claim” button and start playing with your bonus funds.
Keep in mind that how you claim your bonus depends on the bonus type you opt for – some require depositing, while others don’t.
Note: If you are uncomfortable sharing your card details with a site, you can opt for crypto as more and more players use these means of payment.
The bonus section is the hidden ace that can change a player’s gaming time. Again, there are various options, and they can all change depending on the casino and the period in which you’re looking for them.
If you find a casino to your liking, go to the promotions tab and check out the bonuses; however, make sure to visit the T&C before opting for a promo!